Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"OMNIPOTENCE"


"And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son."
(Gen.18:13-14)

"Then came the word of the LORD unto Jeremiah saying,
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?"

(Jer.32:26-27)

Our God truly reigns! The declarations in scripture of God's infinite power have often been my refuge in times of gloom and discouragement.
When one looks around today at the state of our world and more specifically the state of our nation it is easy to be overwhelmed with a sense of despair.
But, is anything too hard for the LORD?

This question calls me to gaze to the maker of all things, the creator who spoke and it was done!
Our nation is certainly in a grave state. But, is anything too hard for the LORD?

I see rampant immorality on every hand and a disdain for God and His word, even among those who claim to believe in God. But, is anything too hard for the LORD?

I must admit, I am often guilty of forgetting this truth about God and of leaning to my own understanding. Many times I project, by my demeanor and thoughts, that things are too hard for the LORD.

Can God bring awakening and revival to America? Is anything too hard for the LORD?

Absolutely not! He is the God of all flesh, His arm is not shortened that He cannot save and He rules in heaven and on earth!

I pray to my Almighty God for my nation this prayer: "O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy." (Hab.3:2)

God can revive us and turn us from death unto life! Is anything too hard for the LORD?

No comments: