Friday, May 8, 2009

Book Quotes


"Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spingtime."
(Martin Luther)

"By reading the Scriptures, I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, a cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet."
(Thomas Merton)

"No book is worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond."
(C.S.Lewis)

"When I get a little money, I buy books; and if there is any left, I buy food and clothes."
(Desiderius Erasmus)

(The last quote is especially aimed toward Mr. David Smithey!)

2 comments:

SQLSvrMan said...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

:-0

Tom Gabbard said...

David, I had to do it! You immediately came to mind when I read it.