Saturday, June 6, 2009

Brave Soldiers


This quote is taken from a sermon given by Charles Spurgeon at the time of the "Down Grade Controversy".

"We must never hide our colors. There are times when we must dash to the front and court the encounter, when we see that our Captain's honor demands it. Let us never be either ashamed or afraid. Our Lord Jesus deserves that we should yield ourselves as willing sacrifices in defense of His faith. Ease, reputation, life itself, must go for the name and faith of Jesus. If in the heat of the battle our good name or our life must be risked to win the victory, then let us say, "In this battle some of us must fall; why should not I? I will take part and lot with my Master and bear reproach for His sake. Only brave soldiers are worthy of our great Lord. Those who sneak into the rear, that they may be comfortable, are not worthy of the kingdom...
Brethren, we must be willing to bear ridicule for Christ's sake, even that peculiarly envenomed ridicule which "the cultured" are so apt to pour upon us. We must be, willing to be thought great fools for Jesus sake... For my part I am willing to be ten thousand fools in one for my dear Lord and Master, and count it to be the highest honor that can be put upon me to be stripped of every honor and loaded with every censure for the sake of the grand old truth which is written on my very heart...
Before I could quit my faith I should have to be ground to powder, and every seperate atom transformed."


Let us pray for strength to stand and contend always for the faith once delivered to the Saints!!

1 comment:

SQLSvrMan said...

Amen!!

The Sunday School class that I'm in is currently evaluating several popular "Gospel Tracks". It turns out that there is very little of the real Gospel in them.

We must get back to the True Gospel!