Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Father's Shepherd


Some wonderful words from the prophets and the lips of Jesus concerning our great "seeking" God who knoweth His own and draws them to the Shepherd and Bishop of their souls so that there may be one fold and one Shepherd.

"Therefore my people shall know my name; therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold it is I." (Isa.52:6)

"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine."
(John 10:14)

"The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him." (Isa.56:8)

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."
(John 10:16)

He is not "trying" to bring this gathering to pass, it "shall" be done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a comfort it is to know that we have a faithful Shepherd caring for us, leading us, and protecting us. I cannot trust myself to keep me from straying, but He can. Thank you for sharing these good verses.

Anonymous said...

Hi, first time reader here...
Everyday life often has situations that can play as symbols of the Truth; I think of the 'markings' on sheep or cattle to distinguish them apart. When two or three ranchers have their sheep grazing freely, they readily know their own by their markings.
It gives me inner joy to know when Jesus, my Most Wonderful Shepherd sees me, He says, "She's one of mine."
Thank you for sharing this.
Also, I like the Pilgrim's Progress piece. Good idea... I hope to find for more.

Tom Gabbard said...

Greetings Brenda and Auntie eM,

Thank you for your comments and words of encouragement!