Saturday, June 4, 2011

Greetings and Salutations!!

Well, I feel like I have been away forever from the "blogosphere"!....I sometimes feel like the busiest man in the world!....God has truly been blessing me in manifold ways. My job is going well and the new church planting work is progressing by His grace and provision. I hope to write a few lines in coming days, as time permits, with regards to the widespread struggles in our day with "melancholy" and various other outworkings of depression that afflict so many in this land of "plenty".
Though it is certainly a land of "plenty" with regards to material "stuff", it is a land of great dearth with regards to true purpose, hope, and meaning!
The problem of depression has become epidemic in our nation and I desire to contemplate it in more detail if the Lord allows!
Please pray that He will guide my thoughts in this desire to express some personal thoughts and experiences concerning this common malady.

2 comments:

Craig and Heather said...

It does seem as though the overabundance does tend to interfere with our ability to see spiritual need--in both ourselves and others.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on this.

Heather

Craig and Heather said...

I second Heather's reply.
Greetings to you likewise Brother!!

Craig