Monday, December 22, 2008

Some Thoughts from Helen Keller


"It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision."

"I do not want the peace that passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace."

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadow."

"It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellowmen, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui."

What insight from a woman enclosed in a world of silence and darkness...or was she?

1 comment:

Ben Ward said...

What an amazing human being. Here are a few others I found...

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."

"I can see, and that is why I can be happy, in what you call the dark, but which to me is golden. I can see a God-made world, not a manmade world."

"As the eagle was killed by the arrow winged with his own feather, so the hand of the world is wounded by its own skill."