Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"The Master of the Sea"




How often I have felt overwhelmed in various storms and tempests......But God!

In the whelming flood.....He is there!

He is an ever present help in time of need who brings us to the haven of rest!

When I take my eyes off of Him, I sink in despair. He hears my cry of fear and graciously reaches forth His hand to lift me up.

This "hand" is often one of His children, who gives an edifying word in due season, a cool drink of water to a weary soul......He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother!

"For he commanded and raised the stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea.
They mounted up to heaven; they went down to the depths; their courage melted away in their evil plight; they reeled and staggered like drunken men and were at their wits end.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress.
He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed.
Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven."
(Psa.107:25-30)

"When evening came, his disciples went down to the sea, got into a boat, and started across the sea to Capernaum. It was now dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they were frightened. But he said to them, "It is I, do not be afraid." Then they were glad to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land to which they were going." (John 6:16-21)

"Rock of ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee."

2 comments:

Craig and Heather said...

Reminds me of
Jas 1:5-8 ESV
(5) If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
(6) But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
(7) For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
(8) he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

I cannot blame my instability on Him, it is the result of my doubting His wisdom.

Craig

Tom Gabbard said...

So true Craig, I have often sensed the response, "O' ye of little faith."